1. Review the signs and symptoms of urinary tract infections and…
1. Review the signs and symptoms of urinary tract
infections and the pathophysiology associated
2. Describe the pathophysiology related to urinary
3. On the Video Case Study, what was the client’s primary problem related to the urinary
tract infection? Provide evidence-based rationale to support your response.
4. What subjective and objective assessment findings (vital signs, laboratory results,
diagnostic test results, subjective and objective assessment) do you anticipate
related to this client’s primary problem?
5. Identify a minimum of three nursing actions that should be included in a plan of
care to address the client’s primary problem. Provide evidence-based rationale
for each action.
6. For which potential complications (vital signs, symptoms, medication side
effects) should the nurse monitor?
7. What follow-up care is necessary after treatment for a urinary tract infection?
Provide an evidence-based rationale to support your response.
8. Describe client education to help prevent the recurrence of urinary tract infections.