Byzantine Art and the art of early medieval Europe are both strongly influenced by artistic traditions developed during the Roman Empire as well as the spread of Christianity. Byzantine mosaic decoration, such as that found in the church of San Vitale in Ravenna and the Oratory of Galla Placidia, and early medieval illuminated manuscripts, such as the Lindisfarne Gospels and the Book of Kells, express Christian theology through symbolism, design, and text. Choose a Byzantine mosaic and a page from an illuminated manuscript (from your textbook or online research – here the British Library website might be useful), and compare and contrast the use of iconography to express Christian theology. Is the symbolism purely religious in nature, or does it also have a political purpose? Who was the intended audience of the mosaic or book? When responding to your peers, bring into the discussion additional works of art or further information about historical context.
by | Apr 12, 2022 | Art
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.